1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jap Console - Mario Party 8

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by HyperViso, Jun 24, 2007.

1. HyperViso

HyperViso Member

I bought Biohazard 4 (NTSC-J) recently and as soon as I put the disc in, it came up with a message (in Japanese). I believe this was a message saying that the system needed a firware update, but given that I've seen some issues with updating directly from discs (although mostly to do with PAL and NTSC-U updates, i.e. Paper Mario) so I dedicated to perform an update wirelessly and now the message doesn't appear and Bioharard runs just fine.

I also have another game (Mario Party 8) which is NTSC-U and this game comes up with exactly the same message as Biohard displayed before I upgrade the firmware. As I've just updated the firmware (2.2J), I'm not sure why the message is displaying. Is it because the game is NTSC-U and it's looking for the appropriate firmware update on the system for the USA?

Now that I've upgraded my firmware to the latest Jap version, as I safe to select 'OK'? I'm assuming that it will then realise I have the update and simply play the game, but I didn't want to take the risk without any advise as Biohazard doesn't display the message aboutthe upgrade.

If anyone can read Japanese, I'll gladly post a screenshot of the message.

Thanks for any help.

2. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

when i ran paper mario usa version on my pal wii i was fully updated and it came up with the update - scary i know
    u bite the bullet and say ok - it connects to net to try and download a ntsc update but once it realises u r up to date on updates it cancels and never trys updating again

it will be the same with this one - it will be trying to d/l an update but once it realises ur upto date it will cancel itself

3. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

oops it dbl posted for some reason - sorry

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  4. HyperViso

HyperViso Member

Thanks Thinone - appreciated.