1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jap ps3 question???

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by stephen02, Jul 10, 2007.

1. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

Hey guys i have a uk ps3, but i went and bought another one for my son and its a jap version ( got it at a very good price ) and we plugged it in and it played all my ps3 games fine , then he went to watch dvds with his friends and the problems started.

questions lol

1. Why wont my jap console play blu-ray dvds, from uk
    2. why wont it play some dvds , from uk
    3. Why dosent it play my old ps2 games

i was thought to understand that this did everything and now im a little pissed off.

Thanks guys and hope u can help me, also is there anyway to make this play the uk, blu-ray and ps2 agmes

2. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

1- Blu-ray movies are region coded, the reason being that movie companies don't want their product to be shown in other areas before they official release it there.

2- Same answer as 1.

3- Even though PS3 games don't have a region code, PS2 games still do and will only play on PS3 systems from the same region.

------

As of right now, I don't think there is a way to remove the region format of PS3 systems; please correct me if I'm wrong. I apologize if anyone here made you believe that the PS3 was completely region free, but at least you got a gaming system at a good price.

3. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

Oh no.... It was no one here that i got this information from, i bought it from a market in england whn i was on holiday, well i suppsose for £200 it was a good deal, half the price lol, just the sales guy told me that it would do everything and from some websites online i thought thy did, but thanks for the help.