1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jap PS3 questions

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by fordaz, Oct 17, 2007.

1. fordaz

fordaz Member

I'm on the verge of getting a Jap-spec PS3 from Hong Kong when I go there next month, I've been doing a few searches and uncovered some information but I figured I'd ask if any of you guys have any first-hand experience with using a Jap PS3 in the UK.

The thing I'm most concerned about is online play. I've heard some horror stories about Jap PS3s not being able to buddy with UK and US PS3s, is this correct? The threads I read were quite old so does anyone know if this is sorted?

Also, what's this about the Jap NTSC format not being supported by UK PAL tvs? I assume it is, since people are playing them, but is the quality naff (black lines around the picure and stuff?).

Any help would be appreciated.

2. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

Why don't you get one in the region you live in? Is there some special reason that you want one from a different reason?

3. fordaz

fordaz Member

It's about a hundred quid cheaper... special enough?

4. liamrabey

liamrabey Regular member

I belive the online stories are true - best buy one from the region you are in, not forgetting the warrenty issue.