1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jap ps3 will not play uk region 2 games

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by nic100a, Mar 30, 2007.

1. nic100a

nic100a Member

iv just had a new jap ps3 went out and got 2 uk region 2 games it will not play them it comes up with this game is not supported that all it will do.

2. zub7

zub7 Guest

i have a jap ps3 aswell. i have tried UK Virtua Tennis and it works, however i have heard that some PS3 games will be region coded locked to work on UK PS3 only. This is taking the piss as i only bought the Jap PS3 because i thaught PS3 games were region free! :mad: edited by ddp Sony! i want the ISO Loader now!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2007
  3. nic100a

nic100a Member

thanks for your email iv spent £100 on games today just to find out they will not play on a jap ps3 ,if i new this i would not of wasted my money on buying the console.region free sould be region free not just on some games its just a big con.

4. zub7

zub7 Guest

this is one of the main reasons why i turn to ISO loaders and cracking/hacking. they say its going to be region free then the edited by ddp ! i will download my games now! edited by ddp !

5. DBM_Bones

DBM_Bones Regular member

Maybe you should post the games that work and ones that don't to save other ppl wasting there money.

Is it the same problem with USA consoles.

I know there is a big problem with PS2 games also.

6. zub7

zub7 Guest

PS2/PS1 games are region locked on all types of PS3. i.e.- you cant play a UK PS2 game on a Jap PS3, but then again you'll have a hard time trying to play it on a UK PS3 anyway XD (Europe got edited by ddp !)

ok so the list:

Well...

UK Virtua Tennis PS3 works on Jap PS3....

Next....

what were the games you tried???