1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Japan PS2 game on American PS2s

Discussion in 'PS2' started by smexydude, Jun 20, 2007.

1. smexydude

smexydude Member

I am wondering whether I should buy a japanese game, but I have an american ps2, will my game work, and how can I tell

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

3. Googlrr

Googlrr Member

Unless your PS2 is mod chipped or you are using some sort of swap disc then no. If you are willing to buy the Japanese games though I would look into the Swap Magic discs. If you have a fat PS2 then you will need to open it up to do the discs, but the Slim ones have the Magic Keys that will make the discs work. Or if you really don't want that you could just mod chip it. Thats probably the easiest.

4. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

The two main things you need to play backups and or import PS2 games is through the use of installing (by a professional or else... unless you experience in soldering of course) and through using Swap Magic with a simple swap disc method. There are other ways to play backed-up/import games but those are the main ones you should concern yourself with if you're entirely new to this.