1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Japanese Build SMD

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by alextyler, Jan 25, 2005.

1. alextyler

alextyler Member

I am currently staying in Japan and I purchased a Japanese PS2.

I recently recieved my fliptop and Swap Magic Disk 3.3 Japanese build CDs.

The problem stems from the fact that I got my imported DragonBall Z: Budokai 3 in the mail from gamestop. I just tried the disks and it says its an invalid game.

The game is in NTSC format I believe. But I thought that SMD would play either or.

I downloaded a cd loader but have had little success. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong with the Cd Loader or the SMD themselves.

And Advice?

2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

I'm able to play JAP backups on my NTSC PS2 with US SM 2.0. It seems like it would work the other way, but I've never tried, so I don't know. Hopefully someone who does will come along and answer your question.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  3. jimF

jimF Guest

I think that ntsc is us and jap is for japan i have orded games from japan and backed them up and played them on a ntsc ps2 and also make sure you have the right boot disc ...

4. TrowaX

TrowaX Member

Well the dragonball z budokai 3 is a dvd right?.My best bet is to try using Dvd loader it works the same way as the cd loader expect this is for dvd backup games.One more question you using any software like HD Loader or HD Advance ?

5. clouser

clouser Guest

japan is ntsc same as the us is the game from america ? if so it should work unless its a dvdrip in witch case you need the breaker pro disc as a toc disc.

6. Akazecks

Akazecks Regular member

Balaam, are u ablo to play original imports with the US smd?