1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Japanese/Chinese/US/UK PS3's Whats The Diffrence?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by endz, Jul 7, 2007.

1. endz

endz Regular member

Hey all

I was just wondering , which do you guys prefer most and why; Japanese 60GB PS3 , Chinese 60GB PS3 , or The American version NTSC 60gb Ps3?

Which sells best and is most popular?

Also what is the actual difference here, i know that we (UK) use PAL but for example would there be major drawbacks or functionality we cant use if we use a Jap PS3 here? such as language/blue-ray/PS1 or 2 games etc, And not to mention a site i saw where some people can not invite friends to their games when playing on a foreign PS3 as there on a different server or something...

So in all, how good would a Jap PS3 imported here be compared to simply buying one over here (excluding the cost of course).

Thanks

2. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

ok m8 the jap imports are then best i own one and its awsome, it is region free so u can order games from the us or wherever and get cheaop games that will play, same applies to blu-ray disks, also the ps1-ps2 backwards compatability is much better it will play all games and the graphics will be upscalled and better than the ps2 graphics.

The pal uk models dont seem to have these functions and the, us ones are region loced as well but they are well cheaper

3. endz

endz Regular member

Ah i see, thanks alot :)

But only thing is that i have seen on other forums and sites that say the Japanese imports are not that goos cos they have some problems, eg;

"With a jap console unless you have a jap game you cant play online and same as on a pal console if you have a us game you wont be able to play it online either"

Is this true? If so then a jap console here in the UK would be useless for online gaming i guess unless you bought your games from japan.

Someone also posted somewhere that you cant invite or add friends online when playing because of the diff regions or something - im not sure whether this is true or not aswell

Is there any other problems or differences between them?

And as you said, you can play ANY blue ray dvds on the jap consoles right.

Thanks alot for your help

4. liamrabey

liamrabey Regular member

I think you can play online with imports but you would be playing on Japanese ar US servers - which surely would give a lot of lag.

5. endz

endz Regular member

Ah i see, someoen also said this;

"Whatever region ps3 you have be it US,UK,Jap or HK you would have to buy games from the region of PS3 you have,"

Is this true? As i don't think UK customers would be bothered to buy games from abroad rather than there local game shop

6. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

the us playstation does all the things as mentioned above games are region free but blurays and dvds are not so if u plan on watching bluray or dvd get one from ur region

7. endz

endz Regular member

O i see, what about the jap versions?

8. ronin2009

ronin2009 Member

I have a us version and i'm in Ireland
    plays all ps3 games fine and I have US and Euro Blurays they are fine
    but it wont play euro dvds or euro ps1 + 2 games
    Playing games online is not an issue you just join the server of whatever region you are in / register to

example i can only only euro playstation store

by the way have not checked much into it yet but is there a way around the DVD ps1-2 regions on the ps3 yet?

Ronin