1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Japanese consoles more powerful?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by doc_z, Jul 17, 2007.

1. doc_z

doc_z Member

OK so anyway I was just casually ebaying around town, as one does in this day and age when bored at work. Anyway I'm not so naive as to think that sellers on the 'bay don't embellish the truth a little to make their wares sound ultra-cool, but really isn't this a bit of a stretch? Or perhaps it is true! (Although I someone couldn't find a scrap of evidence supporting the assertion)

Anyone got proof of these super Japanese Wii's, cos I totally want one, its far superior!!

2. BaNZ

BaNZ Member

I think the hardware is all the same apart from the software + firmware. I think the only difference is that they have a better firmware. But don't quote me on that.

I use to work for HP and we design desktops which has identical hardware but the firmware is different worldwide. Some region do have better firmware updates.

Get a Japanese modded wii if you want to play lots of japanese games. From the compatibility list you can see they are far more compatible. Also Jap games release much quicker than the rest of the world. I'm ordering one right now and selling my Pal wii. Because most japanese games are unplayble on pal.

But I heard that you can't change it's system settings to english.