1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Japanese games on American PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by HelloWrld, Mar 8, 2004.

1. HelloWrld

HelloWrld Member

I have seen tons of posts concerning American backups, but not many on foreign originals and backups. First of all I am running what I believe to be a v7 PS2, and I have swap disc v.2-DVD and v3-CD w/slide card. I was wondering if anyone knew how well (if at all) the swap disc work with original imports, specifically para para paradise, but any import in general will do. I greatly appreciate any help I can get.

-EMAN

2. account

account Guest

why would you want to use it with an original? just because it is an import it doesn't mean that the swap magic wont load it cause it will but it wont change anything you need to either patch the file or get a converter

check out my site http://jgames.50megs.com

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

it would load them dude no problems involved....

4. HelloWrld

HelloWrld Member

Thanks for the replies, guys. I only plan on getting the one game, so I think I'll just pay the overpriced import and use the original disc and not bother with an output converter.

But just out of curiousity, the converter you're talking about it the PAL --> NTSC converter, right? and that would be all I need to get japanese backups running?

5. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

why would you want to convert a jap game?... dude imports are NTSC/J... it's ntsc mode already... why in gods name do you want to patch it?... leave it as it is just boot it up and nothing more thats all dude...