1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Japanese games on PAL wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by BaNZ, Jul 17, 2007.

1. BaNZ

BaNZ Member

Hi all,

I've checked the compatibility list on GBAtemp for my PAL wii and I have made the wrong decision. I bought a wii so I could play Jap games but I didn't do my research properly. I researched wiikey and it says it works partially on most regional games so I thought that should be great for my PAL but I didn't realise it would be this bad!

1. Is it "possible" that in the future, utilities such as RegionFrii and WiggionFree will be able to patch these Japanese games so I can play it on my PAL wii? Or I should just buy a Japanese wii?

2. So I got a few more questions, will most Japanese games be released into NTSC(U)? Few of the games that I really want is One piece, Bleach, Naruto, Hajime no Ippo and Crayon ShinChan. I googled and all of them will be released sometime in Sept/Oct apart from Crayon ShinChan. I don't know how reliable it is as I got it from wiki.

3. If they release it, will the voice be dubbed to english? I don't know if they have dubbed it with english voice for GC games since I never played regional games with my GC.

I'm going to make my descision from this thread and get opinions from you guys. I'm getting ready to sell my Pal wii and buy a NTSC (J) one. I did check the NTSC(U) and the games that I want isn't playable. It does seem like NTSC (J) got the best compatibility as it plays most (U) games and if not I can use PAL.

Thanks!

2. falcon209

falcon209 Regular member

Anything is possible, but this is "probably" unlikely. A Jap Wii is probably your best bet

Most NTSC(J) games (Japanese) will be released to NTSC(U)(USA) but there will of course be titles that will not be. You'll just have to do your research.

Usually, unless there is no talking, the voices are dubbed to the regional language. Once again, there are always exceptions.

If I had a choice, I would probably pick up a NTSC(J) Wii... BUT... from what I remember reading, there is no way to change the system language to English.

Best of luck!

3. TheV

TheV Regular member

4. BaNZ

BaNZ Member

I think these region free patcher or freeloader will still have issues loading Japanese games. So I think getting a NTSC (J) is the best option. I've checked compatiblity for NTSC (U) games for J wii and it is good, looks like 90% compatible.

Thanks for all the replies.