1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Japanese psp. Can I custom firmware?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ak1n0, May 30, 2007.

1. ak1n0

ak1n0 Regular member

I ordered a psp from japan and it's coming in with 1.5 firmware. How do I go about installing 3.40 oe-a into it? Do I use the japan 1.50 or the US 1.50? Which 3.40 do I use? US or Japan? Has anyone tried the custom firmwares on a japanese psp? I realy don't wanna use an outdated devhook.

2. DXR88

DXR88 Regular member

AS far as i know it it dosnt matter the fimwares the same for all of the PSP units. it just the region there locked into Ex. a NTSC-J wont work on a psp NTSC-U and vice verca not that it matters when you install 3.40OE- because you can free the region code to work on any game No matter what there NTSC disegnation.... Long story short yes you can... Also let me know how it goes im still using 3.03OE-C

3. Oraseth

Oraseth Regular member

The hardware is all the same. So you can upgrade same as if you updated a that was bought from the US/EURO.

4. ak1n0

ak1n0 Regular member

Ok. I'll give it a try when i get back from vacation. Hope it works......I spent a solid 250$ on it.

5. DXR88

DXR88 Regular member

OUCH YOu STabbed your wallet repeatedly with a 16 inch double bladed butter knife.. ill cry for you so you dont have to.. ;p

6. ak1n0

ak1n0 Regular member

well i'm going to look around youtube and see if there is anyone with a white psp running on a custom firmware. then i know for sure it will work. The biggest bricker for sure is downgrading, so I'm not that worried.