1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JAPANESE PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by pinapina, Feb 26, 2007.

1. pinapina

pinapina Member

Hi All, this is my first thread, thogh I admit I have visited the site many times and learned a lot other "important improvements" for DVD's and the like. But here goes, I don't currently own a PS but plan on getting one shortly. So what is the overall difference between buying a US and a Japanese PSP. I have read on ebay postings that JP PSP's are region free, is that true? Also if buying a japanese PSP, will that present an issue with firmware (1.50, etc..) Thanks to all for your valuable input and consistent work to improve things. for the little man.

2. hodgins91

hodgins91 Regular member

well they say the JAP psp's have better screens, and for regionfree im not sure as i dont use many UMD's :'( and for firmware it depeds where you obtain the psp, brand new in the store will most likely be a high firmware, second hand you never know lol