1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Japanese PSP

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by johnharri, Jan 27, 2008.

1. johnharri

johnharri Guest

I have purchased a japanese psp version psp-1000 and I have formatted it because I was having trouble with getting updates and when I try to update it the message I keep getting is the game could not be started (DADADADA) and it shows update version 3.80 I have a Sony Memory Stick PRO Duo 2GB MagicGate in my PSP which is also formatted I have recently finished playing Lara Croft Legend so I know that it plays OK but cannot get it to accept the updates also I am having trouble registering my psp online I would appreciate any help as I understand that by a japanese version shouldn't be any problem

2. cb0635

cb0635 Guest

is it on official or custom firmware?

3. johnharri

johnharri Guest

What do you mean by is it an official or custom firmware I have taken the back off and inside all the details are Sony PSP -1000 serial no;SJ1354789 and the update I did over my broadband connection using the network update on my PSP and it told me PSP Update ver 3.80 was available and I tried to update it from system software 3.10 OE-A'which it is showing on System Information I hope this helps

4. Feenix888

Feenix888 Regular member

OFW = Sony's Firmware
    CFW = 3rd party firmware

Cusotm allows you to use Homebrew, Use backed up UMDS - Loads. Much Better.

You are running custom firmware. Dark alex open edtion. You are trying to use a OFW update on a CFW psp thus error meassage. Not sure on a fix probably upgrade to M33 CFW and then switch back to OFW from there.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/7/566187 Might help.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2008