1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Japanese Wii games on American Wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by keeprolin, May 3, 2007.

1. keeprolin

keeprolin Member

So I just bought a Wii here in America, and I'm going to Japan in 2 weeks. I really want to buy the bleach game but will it work for my Wii here?

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You will need a Modchip installed with regionfree capability's.

Below is a link that has a list of games that will work with region patcher's or Modchips. Bleach is playable on an NTSC(U) system. But you will need a Modchip to play Bleach and any other out of region Wii game for your NTSC system.

Go to the link below and look under NTSC(J) to NTSC(U) for game titles that work with region free Modchips.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php/Wii_Region_Free_Patcher_Compatibility_List#NTSC-U_.28USA.29_to_PAL

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  3. keypox

keypox Regular member

change jpp to jpg

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@keeprolin

This is in reguards to your Sig. Try making IMG and /IMG lower case (img /img). I have noticed the TAGS here at AfterDawn are case sensitive.

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  5. Menion

Menion Regular member

Dosen't the Action Replay have a Multi Region Fix yet or is that only for the GC?

6. keeprolin

keeprolin Member

Since it is NTSC(U) then I can play it here ?

7. Menion

Menion Regular member

not neccesarily your talking about picking up a Japanees game and bringing it into the USA yes both are NTSC but there are Region locks on the Wii as well as most DVD players and console systems that only play the software/media of that region. USA is Region 1 & JAP is Region 2 - the game can be played with a Modchip that makes the drive Region Free - Look for the Action Replay to see if it allows you to play foreign games I know on the cube it did I'm not sure on the Wii, If not pick-up a modchip I know wii Key supports it as well as WiiD but not sure about the rest