1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jaymyka.wen9.com

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by IanJasper, Jan 6, 2008.

1. IanJasper

IanJasper Member

Peeps, do anyone know how to eliminate the virus or the effect of the virus which changes the titlebar to jaymyka.wen9.com from (for example "My Computer").. The first time I encounter this malware I chose to activate system restore. that solution helped.the only problem is that my files become unorganized due to system restore, so I'm asking if there is other solution?????

2. QuikDraw

QuikDraw Regular member

If your computer is infected with viruses. Performing a system restore is the last thing you want to do. Doing this scatters the infection. We can try running a few different cleaning tools. Let's start with a HijackThis log report. Download HJK. http://filehippo.com/download_hijackthis/
    Reboot into safe mode. Open HijackThis. Click, Do a system scan and save a logfile. Post the log here.

Disable System Restore:

IMPORTANT NOTES:

You must be logged in as an Administrator to do this. If you are not logged in as an Administrator, the System Restore tab will not be displayed.
    Turning off System Restore will clear out all previous restore points.
    To turn off Windows XP System Restore:

NOTE: These instructions assume that you are using the default Windows XP Start Menu and have not changed to the Classic Start menu. To re-enable the default menu, right-click Start, click Properties, click Start menu (not Classic) and then click OK.

1. Click Start.
    2. Right-click the My Computer icon, and then click Properties.
    3. Click the System Restore tab.
    4. Check "Turn off System Restore" or "Turn off System Restore on all drives"
    5. Click Apply.
    6. When turning off System Restore, the existing restore points will be deleted. Click Yes to do this.
    7. Click OK.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  3. IanJasper

IanJasper Member

Thanks po, I'll try it after school hours.....