1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jerky, Jittery DVD

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by LenG58, May 23, 2007.

1. LenG58

LenG58 Member

Hello All,

I just authored my first dvd. I am putting my old 8mm tapes to dvd. I used Nero Vision 4. The finished dvd is unwatchable on my (few year old) home dvd player. It is jerky and jittery. It seems to play fine on my computer in either Nero ShowTime or Windows Media Player.

I have tried burning straight to disc and also to hard drive and then to disc, following alkohol's guide, with the same result. I am using Taiyo Yuden media, burning at 4x.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    -Len

My specs are:
    AMD Athlon64 x2 Dual Core 5000+
    2GB Ram
    TSST TS-H653A 16x DVD +/- RW
    Windows Vista Home Premium.

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

well, if it plays well on a computer dvd it shows it's fine, windows media player and nero show time are not a good simulator for a dvd player, try it in Power DVD, your dvd player may not support a DVD-R, so
    if thats what your using than no good, try it in a another dvd player, i'm sure it will work,

3. oedekerk

oedekerk Regular member

My DVD's are also choppy. AKA skips every 5th or so frame. I'm burning at a slow speed, and nothing else is running on the PC whilst I'm converting, it's definitely not a burning/media issue, because when I play the DVD file on my PC BEFORE burning I get the same problem.

Could it be the DVD writer? I have a lite-on DVDRW SOHW-1673S.

4. oedekerk

oedekerk Regular member

Infact, it can't be the DVD writer either if I get the problem before I burn... DOH!

5. LenG58

LenG58 Member

As it turns out I found out (at another forum) that Nero Vision re-encodes the file. I have a Hauppague PVR-150 which outputs to mpg2. Apparently upon renecoding in Nero it got screwed up. I redid the project and set the sample format to "interlaced top field first" and all was well.

Any recommendations for a good, maybe free, dvd authoring program that does *not* re-encode the files?

thanks!
    Len

6. oedekerk

oedekerk Regular member

Does anyone have ANY advice at all?

7. tripplite

tripplite Guest

well dvd flick does the job very well, however its slow, nuts it is free so dont complain