1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jerky video playback

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by OldClive, Mar 21, 2013.

1. OldClive

OldClive Member

First post & I know someone will have a solution!

Some video files that I play on the PC jerk in a rhythmic manner (no, not those types of video!). Not all files, and not any particular format. These same files will do the same thing if I encode them to DVD & put them in the DVD player.

I've tried updating drivers, but no difference. There isn't a pattern - it's completely random apparently - & can happen to .avi, .mkv, .mp4 & other formats.

HELP!!

Cheers
    OldClive

2. attar

attar Senior member

It's random in the sense that one particular video plays OK then later the same video is bad?
    You have a particular video (which has been playing OK) convert it to DVD movie format and it plays bad on the standalone DVD player?
    If it plays bad on the standalone, I assume that it's always playing bad (not at random)?
    If that's the case, upload a ten second clip from the DVD to the likes of MediaFire and someone can look at it.

I've seen video where the field order was reversed - that shows up during a horizontal panning shot - but it's never random and unless they all came from the same source it's not very likely to be that.
    If you get a sample uploaded, consider also posting at the VideoHelp site - lot's of hot-shots there to offer an opinion.