1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jigkick worked, but not really?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by tripplite, Dec 2, 2007.

1. tripplite

tripplite Guest

ok i created a jigkick and magic memory!! very nice.

then i put them both into the bricked psp, the screen loaded up, i hit the X button and then when it prompted me to shut down i did,

then i put in a normal memory stick and a battery it loaded fine then asked me for the time, i entered it and then it gets to a screen and freezes, it's blank and only has the back round and the time~WTF

i tryed the second option by select 0, but it didn't make a difference!!!???

if you need anymore info from me just ask

2. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

did this screen come up when u put in a normal memory stick and a battery

[​IMG]

3. tripplite

tripplite Guest

no the normal screen comes up with a red back round, and everything is blank, the clock is working??wtf, post back i'm here

after a minute the psp will turn off by itself

4. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

ok after u use the pandora jigstick and then u put ur normal memory card and battery in this screen is supose to come up and u press 0 try the pandora again is ur normal battery above 75%

5. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

are u still there?

6. tripplite

tripplite Guest

yes i am

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

This happens when you create a Magic Memory Stick with a PSP that has a custom theme installed.

You need to recreate the Magic Memory Stick. Make sure the custom firmware PSP your using doesn't have a PTF or Flash0 custom XMB on it. If it does you need to restore the PSP back to the original XMB before creating the Magic Memory Stick.

Using a PSP that has a custom firmware installed will create a Magic Memory Stick that installs a semi-bricked install.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  8. tripplite

tripplite Guest

alright i'll give it a spin, if it works larrylje you will become my favorite addict !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. tripplite

tripplite Guest

larrylje - i made the magic memory stick on a firmware 3.50 (not HEN), then once on the 1.50 firmware made the jigkick battery, i put them both into the psp that is bricked and now im at this(WTF)

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

are you using an easy installer to create the memory stick?

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Use the 1.50 to create the Magic memory Stick.

Use this easy installer HERE to create it.

12. tripplite

tripplite Guest

i used the easy installer initial to create both the battery and memory stick, i did so on 3.50,

ANOTHER Q??
    when im running the jigkick what option should i run, X OR O, there seems to be two options, can one overwrite the other??

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Depends on what Magic memory Stick you have created. X if it is the original 1.50 downgrader. Or X to install 3.71 M33 if its the Universal unbricker.

Either way you should be pressing X

14. Rogdrik

Rogdrik Regular member

Hey larry i used your custom firmware pandora and ive downgraded 4 psp's already with no problems

what do you mean it install a semi brick?

15. tripplite

tripplite Guest

somebody please help me here???

How can check to see if my MS is really a magic stick??

16. tripplite

tripplite Guest

ok if i take out the battery and let it sit 5 minutes then put back in the normal battery the psp will ask me to do the inital set up, i can only get past the entering the time phase, after that it goes to a blank screen and stops?????
    if am corrrect the panda battery wont run unless i have a magic stick, which i do, so why isn't this working??

17. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you create a Magic Memory Stick with a PSP that has a custom theme installed the Magic Memory Stick will install a semi-bricked firmware to whatever PSP you use it on (Time and date but thats it on the XMB)

This is why you need to restore the PSP original XMB before creating the Magic Memory Stick. Once you do that the Magic memory Stick will then install without a semi-brick.

UPDATE: was my mistake I put custom firmware instead of custom theme in the previous post. I have corrected that mistake now.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  18. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Did you do what i said to do in the previous post?

Use the 1.50 PSP using this easy installer HERE (Do not use the 3.50).

You already have the Pandora Battery so leave as is. Just redo the Magic memory Stick using the linked easy installer to create the magic Memory Stick again.

19. tripplite

tripplite Guest

YES YES IT WORKED, thank you all so much,07anto07 -that bsod came up so you were partly right!!thanxs
    larrylje- i say that afterdawn should have a karma system because of people like you, if we had one i wouldn't have been skeptical of u to start off with, thank you so very very much

you saved me 2 bricked psp's, THANK U!!!!

-tripplite

20. Rogdrik

Rogdrik Regular member

Well yeah i used a non-theme psp..or w/e...XD

but yeah i first read custom theme...then custom firmware..but its all good thanks for replying.