1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jittery screen panning?

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Rydis, May 20, 2007.

1. Rydis

Rydis Regular member

What causes the jittering (stop go stop go) type effect when a camera pans up down left or right? I have a few shows on my comp that when encoded with TMpgenc 3 Xpress turn out this way. It makes it hard to watch when its not a smooth motion. I have motion search on highest.

2. Rydis

Rydis Regular member

No one even have a idea? I tried messing with different motion detections, tried different deinterlacings. I still continue to get the same problems.

3. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member

Did you use a high enough bitrate? What was the source? CamCorder or commercially produced? VBR or CBR? with the information you provided I can only guess.

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  4. Rydis

Rydis Regular member

Average bit rate was 4800 and max was 8000 @ 23.976 frames. The original source was recorded from my TV with the WinTV PVR500 via svideo which does not suffer from this problem. Here is a sample. The problem exsists when the girl first comes into the screen and as she moves across. You can see its not a smooth motion.

Last edited: May 28, 2007
  5. Rydis

Rydis Regular member

I seem to have found the problem. Its happening when I am converting 60 FPS to 23.976. Is there anything I can do to fix this. 60 FPS plays fine but when I change it, it gets all motion screwy and laggy you can say.