1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

joining 2 mpeg files?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by damurph, Nov 7, 2004.

1. damurph

damurph Member

I know this would have been answered b4 but I really am getting confused now, I have 2 mpeg files (770mb each)that I wish to join together in order to burn them to dvd, what progs do I need to do this, I used "divxtodvd" for my divx file but now I have 2 mpeg and I havn't got a clue how to join and burn them. Any help would be much appreciated
    Regards, Dan

2. damurph

damurph Member

Please can sum1 help me!! I'm using "CM's Digital Video Tool" to try and merge my 2 mpeg files but everytime I go to add the 2nd file it just loads for ages and then dosn't do anything, what am I doing wrong. Also, when I open one of the files with TMPGEnc it says its not supported so when I come to change the file ready for burning to dvd, how will I do it? Please, please, please help!
    Ps. I'm not sure about this but I think it matters what codecs I have installed when I want to use TMPGEnc (not sure though) so I have: ac3 filter, divx player and that ffdshow thingy.
    Thanks alot, Dan

3. damurph

damurph Member

Ok, maybe I should have looked harder for the answers,sorry...............i've managed to join the files together and i've read that i need to use TMPGEnc 3.0 xpress in order to get the mpeg file ready for burning for dvd, but what settings do i select, i know it takes ages so please can sum1 just tell me if the settings are ok b4 i spend 78,000,000 hours encoding it, please sum1 reply.
    My settings are:
    Video - MPEG-2, PAL, 720x576, Interlace, 25 fps
    Audio - MPEG-1 Audio Layer II, 48000Hz, Stereo, 384kbits/sec

what is the interlace section? if no1 can be bothered to reply can they just point me in the right direction, thanks