1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

joining avi files using avi2dvd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by flygirl, Mar 27, 2007.

1. flygirl

flygirl Member

I have done what the instructions state in the guides. As I am joining files from a TV series I have renamed the files video cd1, cd2 cd3 etc. I have managed to join cd3 and cd4 sometimes, but not always successfully. Not sure what I am doing wrong or has someone experienced that this option does not always work. Have checked bitrate and they are the same.

I try to add the second file and it says output same as previous, please change. What does this mean. Also I have just loaded cd3 and yet cd4 does not load automatically.

I am very confused so please help.

Flygirl

2. attar

attar Senior member

The guide says that the files would be named 'video cd1.avi video cd2.avi video cd3.avi video cd4.avi'
    I found that unless they had the 'video' part in the name then it was hit or miss.
    I would rename the files then click on the first one in the group and they would load ok.
    Also I would place the files in the root directory (c:\video cd1.avi) because of the frequent complaining messages.