1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joining two home videos

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Regal2800, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Regal2800

Regal2800 Member

I have two home videos that i want to join together on one dvd. the thing is that the second video i have has a menu. the first video does not. I want the first video to start playing right away then go to the second video which has the menu. I tried using dvd2one and dvdremake, but it puts the menu first then the two videos. So what program can i use that will allow me to place the 1st video then have the 2nd video (the one with the chapters) play? Basically i am trying to do the same thing real dvd do when they play previews first then go to the menu to play the movie. Any information would be great. thanks

2. oracle

oracle Member

According to my knowledge you have to rewrite the project. You must isolate the main theme from the menus of the first movie and then join the second one. After you have to reauthor the menus. The following example is based to tools in which i am familiar.
    (1) use ifo edit to isolate the movie eg. the series vts_02_1.ifo and take the output as a series of vts_01_1.vob, ...
    (2) Insert this series as movie 1 to video_lab and then the second video as movie 2 to video_lab. Create new menus and chapters and recompile the project.
    Of course all this can be done with other tools such as tmpgenc, pinnacle studio, etc...

3. Regal2800

Regal2800 Member

So you are saying that i have to take the menu out of the second video. Then splice together the 1st video( which is like my preview.) once everything is together then make new menu??? Cause i want the dvd to play right away for like a 2 min preview, then come to the chapters. I know that Nero won't make chapters a few minutes into the dvd. When nero makes chapters it does it right at the beggining. If i am right about what you are saying what program does this? I am a bit confused. Thanks

4. Regal2800

Regal2800 Member

Ok i just found out the correct name. Its called first play. so i want a first play and then for the menu to come up. Can dvdlab pro do this? what other softwares can do this? thanks

5. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

DVDLab Pro can take your two existing movies, and allow you to reauthor them with a completely new menu. It cannot import the existing menu, or use it in any way.

6. dimad

dimad Regular member

Once you've merged the disks with DvdReMake Pro just use it to modify navigation slightly.