1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joining Two VCD Files Using TMPG

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by kevsim, Sep 23, 2004.

1. kevsim

kevsim Member

I had two files formatted as VCD and used TMPG to join them.
    For the burning of the output VCD, I was using Nero 6 to burn the VCD.
    A message appeared in Nero 6 stating “They were not the correct format for VCD and did I want to recode.”
    Previously I had burnt one of the files to VCD using Nero 6, without a problem.
    When joining in TMPG, does the format change or am I doing something wrong.
    I thought it was only a case of joining the two VCD files, then burn the output file to CD.
    I would appreciate some advise on doing this.
    kevsim

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

The question is: which kind of files are they? Are they (1) 'ripped riff files' (AVSEQ001.DAT----MPEG-1 or AVSEQ001.MPG----MPEG-2), (2) simple .MPGs which are MPEG-1 files (from a VCD) or (3) .MPGs which are MPEG-2 files (from a SVCD)?
    Second: did you choose as Type 'MPEG-1 Video CD' when you used TMPGenc's [bold]MPEG Tools[/bold] or not?
    Third, [bold]avoid Nero at all costs[/bold], it's a lousy application for VCDs (I wrote a 'sticky' thread to teach you all how to do it).

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2004
  3. kevsim

kevsim Member

aldaco12,
    Thanks for the info.
    The original video was taken using a digital video camera.
    I edited the video using (Puremotion, Edit Studio,great programme), then did a build in VCD and burnt a VCD on CD/RW using Nero 6.
    The video looked and played OK on my domestic DVD player,however, I made a small error in the video and wanted to correct it.
    I then built the video up to the mistake in VCD(not very long).
    I placed both videos in TMPG cut the section I did not need and joined both together, this did not take very long.
    I placed the completed file in Nero 6 to burn a VCD and a message stated "Incorrect format for VCD."
    What my original query was, Puremotion encodes in the correct format for VCD and burns OK.
    Is there a way with TMPG, where I can join without having to go througth the rebuild process again.
    I would appreciate your advise.
    kevsim

4. CCEncoder

CCEncoder Regular member

yes!, I'm also looking for a good joiner.

5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Maybe you had in MPEG Tools as 'Type' a 'MPEG-1 System' (Default)? Try using 'MPEG-1 Video-CD' instead.