1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jpeg Codec V3 converter

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by jonomog, May 2, 2007.

1. jonomog

jonomog Guest

I use Adobe Premiere 6 Se to compose video files to output to a DVD authoring software.
    It will import Giga Pocket 5 files, and .Mov files, but will not accept Canon Avi video files.
    I have tried a product called Morgan Multimedia Jpeg Codec V3, and it is excellent. However, I am looking for a product that is freeware, and can do the same job as well as MM Jpeg Codec V3.
    I have tried other downloads, but they wont do the trick.
    Anyone help, please?
    jonomog

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. jonomog

jonomog Guest

Many thanks,attar, for your response. However, I am unsure how to use the program, which seems quite complex. I DID insert 1 Avi file into the suggested conversion box, and it looks as if it did convert it.I am not sure how to insert the converted file into Adobe Premiere - would the file have a different extension ?
    I imported it into Adobe, but again it rejected it.
    It's beyond me why software developers don't include an auto converter for ALL formats.
    Thanks again.
    jonomog

4. attar

attar Senior member

Honestly don't know if Premiere will accept them, but when you select the output container one of the choices is 'MOV' and you did say it would accept .mov files.
    The output folder can be found if you right click on top of the Super window (output file saving management).
    If you select .mov as the output, then there will be a new file created with that extension.
    Good luck ;)

5. jonomog

jonomog Guest

attar
    Thanks again! I will try that and let you know what happens.
    Regards
    jonomog