1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jtag a starview needs help

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by hantsmale, Jun 18, 2007.

1. hantsmale

hantsmale Guest

ive soldered jatag to starview but program is not picking up jtag.

Init JTAG
    IDCODE : FFFFFFFF
    Fail DCU, Plesae Restart or Reset CPU Box

is there any settings i need to change on the com port if so can someone tell me what to please

2. car19

car19 Regular member

Sorry to be no help But I have the same problem and no seems to know what the the fault is I have asked on 4/5 forums the exact question and no one can help they all say Im doing some thing wrong but its them who are not reading the full explenation of the fault So if you have or do get it to work let me/us know?

3. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

#

Car yes you have done the rounds of the forums I have seen you. Everyone has read the full explanation you have given. In turn everyone has tried to help you out.

I know you are a TV engineer and know how to solder, but is it not the case that the advice you have been offered both from a hardware and software point of view indicates that they are right. By the way on one forum that offered you advice, the advice actually came from the guy that came up with the Jtag fix that quickly swept around the net. So even the originator of the Jtag fix has offered you advice.

What I am saying is people offer thier own time to answer queries both here and in other forums. If you listen to eveyones advice and they all say the same thing is it not time to go back to the drawing board.

4. car19

car19 Regular member

Thanks for the reply and yes you are correct that I am desperately searching for a fix; and I have tried all the suggestions made as I do not know much about computers Yet every bit of advice I have followed to the letter and still no working Starview box. Looking at other forums some to do with satellite I am not the only one getting this particular problem I am very grateful for any assistance offered and it it contains instructions to follow I follow them word for word So yes I am trying my damist to resolve but it keeps coming back that I don't know how to solder or I have my connections wrong? which I don't This problem seems to say the least difficult to fix; so I wanted some expert help from others who know what they are doing?
    CAR19

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Have you tried the Skymax way also?

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Revived starview using jKeys with no problems.
    Make sure your connections are good and that you're flashing with the flash 260 clone for flashing only firmware . (If you dont have this version ask and I will send it to you)

Power off the receiver. Connect JTAG. Power on. Use jKeys. Follow instructions. Once it's flashed, turn the box off and disconnect the JTAG from the parallel port. Leave the box for 30 seconds or so. Then connect box back to TV and cable feed and turn back on.

Shouldnt have any problems.
    Once you've got this far just flash the new fixed 257 with autoroll firmware to it using GTLoader as normal. Remember that 260 and above are not safe for clones so if you flash that to them and turn box off then it's dead again and needs JTAG again.

8. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

I have only had one of the many Starviews I JTAG'd show this error. I had to use JKEYS for it as Skyup Max was giving the error. I think the error is because (correct me if I am wrong) the flash was not successfully erased and is corrupted. I had to try 6 or more times erasing & trying to flash the box before I was successful, so persevere & you should be successful.

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Thanks Fekker could be the solution alright. Havent seen you here for a while but obviously have elsewhere, great job and always great advice.

10. car19

car19 Regular member

Just a simple reply- I have waited 10 secs to 60 secs and all the time inbetween and yes the Bl**dy still does not work still getting the same message and I have tripled checked all the connections from the D25 mail plug pin connections and the connections in the starview box so thats all folks I will carry on looking for help any where I can find it?

11. johnsteel

johnsteel Member

12. car19

car19 Regular member

Hi thanks for the offer ; I did download a lot of software for doing the boxs and some may not be correct So if you can send the software you are using it would be wellcome and at least I would know that it should work Where about are you as the time stamp says 05:06 so either your up early or late to bed very late?
    Regards
    Allan

13. LeslieB71

LeslieB71 Regular member

Add 5 hours to the time as this site is orginated in Poland .

14. PIE16

PIE16 Member

Is there any chance of you telling you how to make it, or a diagram or something like that… or do you know who are the people who will do it for me???I am totally lost as I don't ahve aclue about computers .Thanks

15. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

16. car19

car19 Regular member

Finally got my boxes to JTAG using the simple JTAG non powered and using a extention lead from the PC so lead length appears to be no problem?

17. goosgab

goosgab Member

My box does the same thing as Hantsmale when trying to jtag , I was told that I should hear a click when switching it on but I hear nothing .I checked a brown fuse which was o/k. any help would be very much appreciated.

18. car19

car19 Regular member

First things first do you have a multimeter so you can check voltages They are marked on the main board and they should read some where near what is marked.Secondly it is almost the box is OK and needs resetting by using JTAG ;I found out that after a couple of false starts it worked fine with a lot of help from the forum so please read all the info about JTAGing and ask if you get stuck all the forum had to start some where so please ask if I can not help Im dead sure that other members will we wont bight your head off

19. PIE16

PIE16 Member

I am still totally lost think my box its just totally dead

20. sc0user

sc0user Senior member