1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jtag and games from external hard drive help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by budro, Feb 6, 2010.

1. budro

budro Regular member

Ok, so I am about to use ISO2GOD to create my game right? Well, with xexmenu 1.1, do I still need to patch it?

If so, I do not recall how to do so.

Regards

Budro
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. wabashman

wabashman Active member

no you dont. just did the with guessswhos jtag console i did for him. just install the game to your HD via nxe dash, go to the game in recent played, then tab over to nxe2god and run it that way.

also, you know where you should be posting if you want fast help for homebrew....lol...
  4. budro

budro Regular member

Well iso2god works fine. But I can't get xexmenu to boot a xex file from my external hard drive.

Is there another way of doing this?
  5. budro

budro Regular member

Ok, nevermind.

I've figured out that only wave 6 games don't boot. All other games work fine.

Any work around for this yet?

Regards

Budro
  6. jpizzle

jpizzle Regular member

did you delete the update folder ?
  7. htorihpeS

htorihpeS Regular member

Speaking of playing games from the external hd. Do they play as fast from the external as they do from the internal? Would you notice the difference in loading times? Also,why won't wave 6 games not work? Do they play from internal hd? I'm thinking of buying a jtag console so just curious. Thanks.
  8. qwert99

qwert99 Regular member

The limiting speed factor for an external hard drive would be the speed of USB. USB 2.0 will give transfer speeds of about 35MB/s. I am not sure what the rate of transfer is for the internal hard drive, but it probably is something like 25MB/s max transer rate. If those assumptions are correct, you could expect to see faster transfer speeds out of an external drive, as long as you get a decent one. If you get some 5200 RPM 2.5" laptop hard drive in an external enclosure, you will probably just get speeds equivalent to the internal hard drive. Like I say, though, this is just my speculation.
  9. Troika

Troika Regular member

Modern warfare loads way fast from external,try doa4 and you wil be amazed as it loads almost instantly in time attack modes and survival--havent checked every mode though.last years games and some earlier ones seem to load almost the same as from dvd like farcry2 and ufc.