1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jtag and starview?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by car19, Jun 26, 2007.

1. car19

car19 Regular member

Hi there I have tried to jtag and G4 rom for the starview yet neither works The JTAG says flash fail  and the S*YMAX says  ID  incorrect for the box the actual box is greyed out so I am unable to change it . All connections are correct both the JTAG cable and the serial cable so there is nothing wrong there. It's the ID that’s need changing before I can go any further can any clever b***er help me Hopefully in a simple way?

The numbers I get are ID  936836D3 instead of 0x1D405041 as it states on the JTAG instructions and the ROM4 says "Flash update fail" and finally the S*YMAX says "The parallel could not be opened”; before any body says the lead is faulty or incorrectly connected the Starview box does light up when trying to JTAG ; first all the segments light and then each time you programme it removes one seven segment at a time till all the display is out? help?

2. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member