1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jtag breakdown

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Roranaki, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Roranaki

Roranaki Member

I'm looking around at information I've googled, and I have a few questions about jtag consoles: say I buy a game and my console is jtag can I copy said game onto my Xbox 360 hard drive via DVD drive and then take out the game and play it without having the game in the DVD drive?

Also with the emulators how does that work? Do I just load them onto the hard drive and play them from the hard drive?

All in all I just want to know everything that a jtag system can do. And how it is done and the complexity of it, I have a little bit of computer knowledge.

2. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

Yes. Aaaaarrrggh matey!

Basically, yes.

A JTAG can run unsigned code. That simply means it can run basically anything written for it, whether Microsoft signs it or not.

Soldering & Replacing the dashboard.

Fairly easy. Scale of 1-10.....maybe a 4 at the most.

As do all of us (except for Modking. He's winging it.)

3. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

LOL. Can we at least change the title of this thread?

4. Roranaki

Roranaki Member

Haha. Sorry, I use my phone for internet so I try and make things quick.

I have a few more questions too, I had read that you can mod a game with a jtaged console, now does that mean mod as in add extra content, ie make weapons look different and add guns to games that normally don't have guns? That's a loose description, but I just woke up. Also with cheating in games, is that just using the cheats already available, or like action replay or gameshark cheats?