1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JTAG - System Update (XBReboot 8955)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Altered_States, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Altered_States

Altered_States Member

I've finally sourced a pre-update xbox and have had quite a journey to get in running home brew including issues with the previous owner replacing the DVD firmware with garbage!

I'm running xellous and the latest XBR (8955)

I've managed to get a game to rip to the M$ HD fine and it plays well, but one of the other games that I have aquired does not want to work... i've tried ripping to both GOD and xex versions to no avail, removing the system update folder each time - When i boot the game I get a message which states that the game "Requires an update, but no update can be found" Please can somebody clarify what I need to do to get this game working.

I'm guessing it's because it requires kernell 9199, is this correct. If I rip again but this time keep the system update folder, will it fix the issue or will it burn my fuses and brick my box? I seem to remember reading something about Dash Launch being something to do with this error???

Is there a 9199 version of xbreboot available yet or am I best off installing freeboot now it supports single NAND

Thanks in advance for your help, I've gained so much enjoyment/satisfaction through reading through the various tutorials and modifying my box and it's all thanks to you helpful people :)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  2. coorva

coorva Regular member

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  3. foxykay

foxykay Member

XBR is outdated, you want to be using FSD (Free Style Dash). Details are on coorva's link above

4. jpizzle

jpizzle Regular member