1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jumping DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by oraclebob, Feb 10, 2005.

1. oraclebob

oraclebob Guest

Please help!!

I am using dvdxopy to backup my DVD's, but when I play the dvd in my player the movie jumps?? The special features all work fine, its just the movie that jumps...can this be fixed by slowing down the speed at which the dvd writes????

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2005
  2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

What kinda blank media are you using? that may be the problem.stick with good quality blank media.like TY,Ritek.Maxell,Fujifilm,Sony,TDK...memorex..big NO NO

3. brobear

brobear Guest

XCopy has no speed control. So, to control the burn speed you need to be using 4X or 2.4X media. Most people who have done a lot of back ups suggest 4X or lower because problems increase with the higher burn speeds.

As aabbccdd pointed out, using good media is a must.

4. oraclebob

oraclebob Guest

[bold]Thanks[/bold]

I am using eaglepower as blank dvds.
    What program do you recomend that you can control the burn speed?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2005
  5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

ive not heard of eaglepower blank media so i would try the ones i listed. and as far as programs go DVD X COPY is pretty much dead. you might try some of theses ..dvd shrink dvd decryter anydvd just to name a few

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

brobear which dvdcopy3 did you get the gold or platinum? and do you still need to run anydvd in the background with this program ?

7. oraclebob

oraclebob Guest

Im making use of platinum

8. brobear

brobear Guest

aabbccdd
    DVDCopy3 from InterVideo has always needed decrypted files. AnyDVD does a good job or you can use DVD Decrypter ripped files. I have Platinum but the gold has a lot of usable features similar to the Platinum. Just read the product descriptions at the InterVideo site. http://www.intervideo.com The trial is the Platinum version.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2005
  9. brobear

brobear Guest

oraclebob
    The freeware Shrink allows controlling burn speed. CloneDVD2 and Nero also allow speed to be controlled. As I said, you can use the media to control the burn speed as well. With the older equipment, i.e. 4x burners, one didn't have to worry.

Never heard of the media and I've heard of similar problems due to poor quality media. If the problem persists at lower burn speeds, I'd suggest some quality media.

10. oraclebob

oraclebob Guest

Brobear and aabbccdd
    What do you guys think of 1 click dvd copy??

11. brobear

brobear Guest

I don't.

12. brobear

brobear Guest

freeware DVD Shrink
    Recode2 (Nero suite)
    CloneDVD2
    (better)DVDCopy3
    (best)RB/CCE

13. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Yes i agree with brobear.and i almost bet its the brand of blank media you are using get the good stuff VERBATIM is on sale this week at best but and thats some of the best media you can buy or try these sites also meritline.com or supermediastore.com for blank media theres no tax and free shipping its a good way to go. you can find the Ritek or Taiyo Yuden that being the best blank media you can buy.

14. brobear

brobear Guest

Verbatim is usually good. Sam's Place has been selling the brand for quite a while (good prices). TDK, Sony, Ricoh, Maxell, Fuji, and Imation are some other notable brands. Just shy away from the noname and obscure brands no one has heard of. Seems aabbccdd has been doing his homework. ;) Bizrate is another method of searching for quality media on sale. Always deal with a reputable dealer and get media with a good guarantee. Buying branded is also a good idea. Meritline has a good rep and Newegg is also supposed to be a good net sales site.