1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jumpy downloads

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by bluekola, Nov 9, 2004.

1. bluekola

bluekola Guest

I have downloaded a couple of movies but when I play them back on PC they appear to be jumping as thou they are running at the wrong speed and still jump once I have encoded them and play on dvd, is there any way to stop this or correct it or is there a way of telling a movies is going to do this before downloading?

2. mrsheen03

mrsheen03 Regular member

What are you trying to play them back on and do you have the right codecs to play them, without the right codecs the film could jump the sound may not work properly there are a few different things that could be wrong, what do you mean by jumpy does it stop for a few seconds the start again or does it stop for a large amount of time?

3. carpki

carpki Guest

Apart from the codecs are you converting the films from pal to ntsc or vice-versa as this can cause problems as well because they run at different frame rates!

4. bluekola

bluekola Guest

I have Avicodec installed, the movie looks like it is running to at a different frame speed, the audio is fine, I followed the guide AVI to DVD R by the book, but movie still judders. I might try converting from NTSC to PAL or vica versa to see if the changes it.
    Thanks