1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jumpy Playback

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by petebob86, Jul 10, 2007.

1. petebob86

petebob86 Member

Hey everyone. I've tried to back up a DVD with DVD Shrink, DVDDecrypter, and ImgBrn, and in each case the playback is "jumpy"--there are very brief but noticeable little skips as the payback goes along. Anyone encounter this problem before? I don't think this is the issue, but do I need a dual-layer DVD in my PC? The disc is an NTSC dual-layer. Any help is appreciated.

2. petebob86

petebob86 Member

Forgot to mention this isn't a media problem--I'm backing up to my hard drive. And I've already checked the payback from the original DVD using PowerDVD, and there's no problem with the original disc. Thanks again!

3. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

oh, but it most likely is the media you are burning too.

What Brand of dvds are you using?
    What speed are you burning at?
    Firmware up to date?

You can DL this program(free) to see who makes your blank media

4. petebob86

petebob86 Member

Thanks for the ideas. Here's what I'm doing: Backing up the DVD files to my hard drive, then loading those video files into Adobe Premiere Elements (I'm making a mash-up video for YouTube).

So the only media I'm saving the DVD files to is my hard drive, and then I'm calling those video files into Premiere Elements.

I've checked the firmware for my DVD player in case the playback (i.e., from the DVD player to my HDD) was a problem, but my firmware is up to date.

5. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

this is what i was referring to in my other post.
    if you are saying the output files from adode premiere are jumpy then thats something to do with the adobe program.
    i meant the firmware for your dvd burner.

still not clear to exactly what you are trying to do?

6. petebob86

petebob86 Member

Sorry, I should have said I checked the firmware for my DVD burner and it is up-to-date. In any case, I'm not using the burner and I still get jumpy feeback.

Here's what I'm doing: I'm backing up Brokeback Mountain to my hard drive, using DVDShrink to do a 1:1 copy from the DVD to a folder on my hard drive.

After that's done, I boot up Premiere Elements, which is like Final Cut Pro for PCs. I tell Adobe to go to the folder with the Brokeback files and import them. Then, when I play the clips back from within Adobe (so I can select edit points, etc.), the playback is jumpy.

But you know, I just played back the HDD clips using PowerDVD and they play back perfectly. So you're right, it's something in Elements that's doing it. Thanks for the feedback, I'll go to Adobe forums and see if I can find a solution.

Thanks again for the pointers--they helped me locate the problem!