1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

junk ps2 slim, mod atempt, what to do ?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by sporty98, Jul 17, 2007.

1. sporty98

sporty98 Member

Well,

I tried to solder in chip,, but had trouble so stopped. and put back together and have just red light on power button. nothing else.

no green, took back apart and checked connections.

so do I have a brand new $130 pop holder ?

Sporty

2. sporty98

sporty98 Member

hope some can shed some light.

the sx connection is where I think there is a issue, I had only connected two, that was one, the other was the (Y) matrix infinity green dot chip.

And went to try doing (I) and said no way.

took off the two and assembled and just a red light, no green, tried now 4 time to check everything, even re looking at Sx area.

Not for sure wotrth sending off to have fixed and moded or part out for parts. version v15.

darn thing is brand new.

Sporty

3. sporty98

sporty98 Member

I tried the v14 reset switch to see if that was the issue, cable and all. did not work either.

I am getting nothing now. before I was able to get red light, but nothing now.

Sporty

4. meganxuan

meganxuan Guest

edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2007
  5. steimy

steimy Active member

I have a question, why would anyone buy a cheap clone chip like a Modbo when there are so many good quality chips out there? They have no higher end features, can not be updated, and would not even run if it were not for them using a quality chips firmware (Matrix Infinity).

Contact Teammodders.com and they may be able to help you out as they install chips. So if they have run into that same problem then they can tell you how to fix it.

6. sporty98

sporty98 Member

I sent it off for getting checked out, should know soon, what the damage is, if worth fixing.

I also agree with you.

I can't recommend a generic mod chip, those modders who did all the hard work and made them. versus cloners.

Sporty