1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a couple questions about the Sony STR-DE697

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by Tmaxxfan, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Tmaxxfan

Tmaxxfan Member

Newbie in here ... so be gentle lol, Anyhow was wondering what the video input on the back/front is used for? does it acually provide a video signal to my television via rca cable last reciever didn't have video input. that i know of. Because to get a video signal from my dvd to my tv now i have to go into the video function on my tv remote. Wondering if i hook the video from the reciever directly to my tv would the signal go directly to it or would i have to still have to use the video mode on my tv ? any reply would be appreciated.. very confused by this. if u need any more clarification just let me know the info u need thanks again

2. a-vman

a-vman Member

Hey Tmaxxfan,
    Your Sony receiver will accept the video feeds from your equipment via the corresponding back panel video inputs and send them to your TV or monitor through the video outputs marked monitor out. You have one of each - composite(RCA-yellow), S-Video, and Component(red-green-blue RCA). The video quality is in the same order as I listed them. Your unit unfortunately does not up-convert, so you can only get out the video you put in. So in short you would still need to change video inputs on the TV if you use more than one type of input. If you use the same type of input for all devices then you could leave your TV on the same input and your Sony receiver will switch the video when you change the audio settings. The front panel inputs are for hooking up temporary equipment like cameras and video games.
    Hope this helps

3. Tmaxxfan

Tmaxxfan Member

Thanks for your reply, so just to clarify ur sayin that if i have audio channels hooked up in the back of my reciever via rca and then the monitor hooked up via rca that the reciever will produce a video signal directly to my tv ?

4. a-vman

a-vman Member

Each audio input has a coresponding video input. as long as you have a video cable connected between the receiver and the video source the receiver will output the video through the monitor out cable or cables depending on which inputs you use.

5. Tmaxxfan

Tmaxxfan Member

Thanks for all ur explaination a-vman i really do appreciate it. Hated to be such a bother, Thanks again.

6. a-vman

a-vman Member

No bother at all.