1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a friendly hello from a new poster, and a question or two...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Tazz212, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Tazz212

Tazz212 Member

Ya, so I've been snooping around this board for a while checking out how to burn PS2 games and what not. I just ordered my flip top and swap discs today and I'm going to get a DVD writer on Friday. It seems that everyone here is really helpful which is good. So I figure I may start posting here everyonce in a while.

Now, I've read the FAQ's and guides, however, I might have missed the answer to my question. I don't know too much about DVD media right now, but, I'm just wondering if there is DVD-R media you can burn on both sides of the disc? And if so, can you burn a PS2 game on each side of the disc? That is all. Thanks!

2. Tazz212

Tazz212 Member

Actually, I might add on a bit as well. It seems that DVD writers are a lot more unstable than CD writers...Approximately how long does it take to burn an average PS2 game on 1X?

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

the dvd you looking for is called 9.4 double sided dvdr they come from all kind of brands but they cost few more bucks about 3usd per one as i know.... they really dont worth the time if you like got a ps2 game that came on 2 dvd's and you backup on this kind of dvdr then yeah it's ok... but most of games today come on 1 dvd so what will you do with the other side?...

as for speeds... 1x will get you 4.7GB in 60mins... 2x will get you 30mins... 4x in 15 mins... 6x 7mins... 8x 3mins... this all on FULL 4.7GB dvdr... 6 and 8 can be used on special dvdrs like i seen from ritek 8x dvd-r... to burn on 8x or 6x you need a burner who can do that... but if you cant thats not a big deal... burning at 4 or 2 will always be ok anyway...

4. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya,

Every "Flipper" DVD Writable I have seen has been of poor quality, most people have problems with them.

PS2's can be fussy about the media you use.

Stay away from "Flippers" and do yourself a favour.

How long to burn at 1X, depends on how much data there is to burn: a full DVD at 1x takes approx 1 Hour to burn.

Have Fun...