1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just a little question about xbox 360 firmware

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by dab0ne, May 23, 2007.

1. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

Alright guys sorry if this topic has been tackled but i looked and didnt see anything relating to it. i just got the new firmware put into my 360 and i also got ghost recon advanced warfighter 2. well it says that i need to update my console before i can play the game. will that mess up my custom firmware which allows me to play backups? also its an amreican console and a PAL game, but i dont know if that would have anything to do with it.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

The game should not be a problem since that one happens to be region free. Just know that any NTSC game that is not region free will not play on your console.

as for the second question, well the answer is that you really do not have a choice in it. If the console or game has an update available it will not let you sign on to Xbox Live until you do the update.

Also know that with a modded console (custom firmware) there is a chance that you will get banned on Xbox Live like a lot of other people are. As you can see by the very long banning thread in this section.

3. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

so basically what you are saying is that by doing the update i wont screw up my custom firmware?

4. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

Ok guys its a simple yes or no question. can i get an answer from someone? if i do the update that is on the game disc (or at least the one that the game says i need to do before i can play it) will it or will it not mess up my custom firmware?

5. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Game updates do not mess with the custom firmware's ability to load copied games.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

"Ok guys its a simple yes or no question. can i get an answer from someone?"

with an atittude like that you are lucky to get any answer. What, do you think we get paid to sit here on this site all day and answer your questions?

The update for the console and the games has nothing to do with your firmware. Other than getting you possible banned from Xbox Live which i already explained.

7. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

sorry man and thanks for the help. i didnt mean to come off as a prick im just new to this and i really didnt want to screw up my console. but seriously thank you very much.