1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a quick question concerning topology data

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by 98sohc, Jan 7, 2012.

1. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

hey guys, i just ripped my own gears 3, first time i ran through abgx with no autofix and it said there is no topology data in the iso, then i ran through a second time and top data was ok, am i doing something wrong?, thanks in advance

BTW: i am using benq 0800 v3, thanks

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  2. RIARA

RIARA Regular member

as long as your settings in ABGX are all correct, you should be fine. Heres the link to the settings guide,

Run it again, and just make sure all is green and you are good to go

3. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

It sounds like abgx360 will check for the presence of topology data and if it's missing, it'll patch it in regardless of your autofix settings.

You're better off using abgx360 to patch in topology data anyway, rather than ripping it from your own disc. The topology data that abgx360 delivers has been ripped and tested multiple times to make sure that the angles don't deviate far enough to get your console flagged due to AP2.5. All XGD3 discs are currently structured and manufactured in the same way, so the same topology data can be used for all XGD3 games (apart from the Halo: Reach disc MS sent out to beta testers) and therefore you might as well use known good and tested data. Ripping your own topology data also extends the ripping time by about an hour, so it'll save you some time too.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012