1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just bought a DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by xithius, Feb 8, 2007.

1. xithius

xithius Member

Hey, just traded my friend for his DS original,
    and I was wondering what it can do?
    I know my psp can do stuff like movies,photos,music, emulators, iso's, etc.
    What can the Ds do that falls in that category?
    And can it be used as more of a PDA type thing? an organizer, as so to speak?
    Thanx----
    -Xithius-

2. nintenut

nintenut Regular member

Well, built-in it has a calender and a clock, but if you get an m3 or other such device, there is a pda program for the ds.

3. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

To get the most out of the DS you need to buy a flash cart, the current devices use slot-1 of the DS and are very low cost compared to older slot-2 devices. You can buy an M3 for example for less than the price of a DS game, and the only other thing you'll need is a MicroSD card.

4. xithius

xithius Member

Where can I buy a "M3", and is that just like..a brand that makes ds's? How much are they, and how much are " flash carts and microSD's?

5. skit

skit Regular member

I thought you have to buy a passcard 3 aswell? And I've seen it for like 100 bucks, is there a new version of m3 I don't know about?

6. nintenut

nintenut Regular member

M3's are flash carts for the ds, there are two versions: slot 1 and slot 2, slot 1 is the m3 simply, and the best slot 2 (lots of 'em) is the m3 lite perfect. They can play roms, homebrew, and various applications, though the simply can't play gba roms, and homebrew compatibility is limited, i'm not sure if it runs the pda app....
    To get themm running, you need a micro sd card, the best one being a sandisk, to store your roms and apps. The m3 simply sells for about 30-40$ while the simply costs around 80$ you can get both from divineo.net
    The micro sd cards can range anywhere from 30-120$ depending on manufacturer, size, and of course, where you get it. ;)
    Hope this helps you :)

7. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

the simply can't run the same pda app as the one designed by m3 for the m3 perfect/pro ranges, but it can run the homebrew pda known as DSOrganize(just worth mentioning). current version i know of is 2.45, it needs the r4tf.dldi patch to get working.

8. skit

skit Regular member

Do you guys know if the simply supports that app that allows you to watch movies/music? Can't remember what the app is called. :p

9. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Yes, in fact it comes with the M3 =)

btw, it's called Moonshell :)

10. skit

skit Regular member

Oh really? I didn't know that, that's awesome man! :D I am so freakin getting this. lol