1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just bought a matsushita sw 9571 dvd combo drive

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by marcyb, Apr 13, 2003.

1. marcyb

marcyb Member

cant get it too work dont know if i am missing drivers. have gone all over web including panasonic and matsushita to find drivers for it. anyone know where i can get updated drivers for it. the home sites dont even show drivers for the sw 9571 and it is internal . thanks marcy

2. xgasman

xgasman Member

Drivers are built-in to WINDOWS if that's the OS you are running. W98,ME,W2K,XP that is. What you need is burning software. What came with the drive?

3. marcyb

marcyb Member

it didnt come with software. just drivers and drive and screws. i am running win98se with 550 mghz dirextx8.1 windows media player 9, 40 gb hard drive and 512 of mem. i just received easy cd creator 6 cd and dvd today. and ordered write dvd too.

4. emersok

emersok Member

Hello Marcy,
    I,ve just bought one as well. I'm running winows XP. I installed the RAM driver (which came with the drive) and the drive installed with no problems. The driver XP uses is 5.1.2535.0. I've burnt DVDs using Ulead movie factory SE (This software came with the drive) and also burnt data DVDs with Ahead Nero 5.
    Can you see the drive under device manager ?

Although the drive works fine I noticed that the data transfer is PIO rather than DMA. This isn't a big issue but I would like to get it to run in DMA mode if possible. If you do find any updated drivers (I must admit i haven't found any yet !) then please post these

Thanks and good luck