1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Bricked my TA-082 Motherboard PSP I think...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Zolimit, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Zolimit

Zolimit Member

OK peeps. I have two PSPs. Both were running firmware version 2.71. I used Dark Alex's downgrader to take them down to 1.5 f/w and up to Dark Alex's 3.10 OE-A firmware. The first PSP was successful!! The second read below...

On the second unit..when I got started the battery was 50% charged. So I connected it to the charger and let it charge for a bit. I checked the charge about 30 minutes later. It was at 87% so I figured I was ok to start the downgrade to 1.5 and connected the charger just in case it ran low on juice. I started the downgrade. It was looking good..then the I noticed the screen was blank. After flipping the power I noticed the the downgrade appeared successful even though the screen was flashing in and out. I disconnected the power cord. The screen lit up. SO I checked and it said I was running 1.5 firmware.

So I put in the flash with 3.10 f/w and started upgrade. After it appeared to have started the upgrade the screen went dark. So I figured maybe the power was low. So I connected the power. Still the screen was dark. So I didn't know what had happened. So I pulled the power cord...ntohging happened...tried holding the power button...still nothing. So I finally removed the battery to be able to shut down the PSP. Now when I turn it on. All I get is a green light...the memory stick flashes as if it is trying to be read...the screen appears to want to light up and that's it! :-( The only way I can turn the green power light off is to remove the battery.

HELP ME OUT SOMEBODY!!

Is it permanently gone? It is a partial brick? Recoverable brick? If it is bricked...how can I recover it? If it is only the flash memory on the MOBO that is bad...could I just replace that part on my motherboard as oppose to replacing the whole motherboard? Anyone know the exact flash part and part#? PLZ REPLY!!

Thanks. I need it fixed ASAP.

2. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Dead PSP basically. If u ever cut power or shut off PSP when upgrading/downgrading, automatic brick basically. The first time around u got lucky and had shut it off after the downgrade. I don't how your PSP is setup right now but after a few minutes the PSP backlight dims. Well on my unit when it supposed to dim it shuts the screen all the way off. I have had many scares like thinking I have bricked, touched the brightness button only to have it come back on. Might of happened to you, might not of.

3. chick3n

chick3n Member

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure all that happened was your PSP went into a sleep mode or something. >_________________>

4. Zolimit

Zolimit Member

So what is my best plan of action? Where can I get a new TA-082 motherboard? I also had another thought...The entire board isn't dead right? Just mainly a flash meory or FPGA chip, right? If so, does anyone know which actual chip on the board is bad?

5. chick3n

chick3n Member

Don't waste your money. Motherboards are $80 shipped. Why not just get another PSP? If you can, get on ebay and buy a psp for cheap. I saw like 3 yesterday that were $40 shipped. (used obviously, but works perfectly)

6. Zolimit

Zolimit Member

Really, where did u see a motherboard that I can have shipped to me for $80 and a used PSP I can have shipped to me for $40? Can u send me the link for each of these?

Thanks!