1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just cannot burn picture files

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by sticky, Dec 9, 2002.

1. sticky

sticky Member

i am really having problems trying to burn images to cd. i have a file from a digital camera i am trying to put on cd. it is about 128mb, containing around 100 jpeg photos, all around 1mb(slightly over. every time i try to burn it, it freezes. on the log it says:
    10 caching files started
    11 caching files completed
    12 burn process started
    14 burn proof on
    16 command timeout occurred
    19 command timeout error
    20 stopped conversion
    25 scsi/ide error
    26 could not perform endtrack
    27 invalid writestate
    28 could not perform endtrack
    29 burn rocess failed
    i have inbetween trying to burn this data successfully written an audio cd and a smaller image cd of jpegs. about 20 files all around 0.5mb. is there a size limit. could you give me any suggestions. i have also tried different makes and formats of blank cd with the same errors every time. i have even deleted and reloaded the nero software. i am using nero 5.5.1.9.
    any help would we well recieved.

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

I renamed the topic since "image files" are usually understood as images of a CD.

Have you tried using some other software? It's a good way to start troubleshooting.

3. thargor

thargor Member

Might I suggest, if you have no further luck to try "zipping" them and then burn to cd, and also burn a self extracting file just in case someone who may view them does not have a Zip extractor. Not a lot but hopefully this may help.

4. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

It may of course help, but this kind of number of files shouldn't be any problem. I have no clue whats causing it though. I would start by trying some other app.

5. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

Try burning using DAO (disk at once) instead of TAO (track at once). This usually fixes this for me.

6. key

key Guest

I've recently burned images with Nero version 5.5.9.17 and had no problems with it at all

7. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

key, that is exactly why sticky started this thread and you didn't.

please feel free to add to the thread IF you have any useful or relevant information regarding the problem at hand.