1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just can't get the Memory Exploit

Discussion in 'PS2' started by vonoven, Jan 9, 2005.

1. vonoven

vonoven Member

I am trying to do this:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/109289

I have a fliptop with SMD3.3 and I am getting a Hard Drive. I am using the PSX game Asteroids as my trigger disc and created the TITLE.DB file perfectly using command prompt. I did everything this thread said and everytime I get a "Not a valid PS2 disc" after I boot using my SMD. I swear I burnt everything right. Do you just use PS2cdgen to create the .bin and .cue files, then burn them to a CDR. Becuase that's what I did. If it did work, after I put in Swap Magic and then put in the memory exploit cd I made, then what should I see. If it does install right will I be able to see the file under the Memory Card. Please help I am sick of wasting CD-R's. The only thing I didn't understand was where the last system.cnf file came from. I just used the same one off the keylauncher .rar. Was that right??

2. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

Im guessing the problem here is that your not burning the cue file using a image burning program such as Alcohol 120%.
    Burn the cue with Alcohol and everything should work out fine.

And since your using sm3.3 I suggest you try out the exploit method @ the swap magic website. It involves using the smboot file to install elfs to the memory card using SM.
    You can then use SM to load those elfs instead of using a PS1 game.
    I havent tested this method but it seem a lot easier to do than the mc exploit.

3. vonoven

vonoven Member

Can you elaborate on the Swap Magic exploit. I went to the site and extracted PS2.iso from the SMBOOT file. Then, I burned the image (not the .iso file, but the WHOLE image), then used my SMD3.3 and still not shit happening, but Not a Valid PS2 Disc. Any help?

4. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

You burned the iso with an image burning program right??
    Like I said, I dont have SM3.3 so I cant elaborate on this method, all I can tell you is it sounds like your not burning the image correctly.

5. vonoven

vonoven Member

I was using the wrong SMD. I was using the one for DVD's to try and boot my CD-R. DUHHH ME!

6. seth_r_s

seth_r_s Member

I downloaded the SMBOOT.zip and burned the .iso and my ps2 wont read it. the readme file says you have to change the file.lst (file list) thing to copy files on to memory card can someone dum down wat to do PLEASE -
    PS. I have the old PS2 (dont know what version)