1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just curious...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by xRuKuSx, Feb 15, 2007.

1. xRuKuSx

xRuKuSx Member

In light of the incredibly fast advancements in the PSP hombrew scene during the past few weeks, I was curious about the condition of bricked psp support.

I have no knowledge of the workings of psp flash, but I was wondering: Would it be possible, some time in the future, to be able to flash a bricked psp via usb or maybe even boot a bricked psp via usb and flash memory on your computer?

Is this even remotely feasable?

2. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

with the psp mod chip it is. but with custom firmware u can recovery partial bricks.

3. xRuKuSx

xRuKuSx Member

Well without a mod-chip and without having installed custom firmware. Maybe someone, let's not say who, bricked his psp downgrading. :)

4. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

thats a complete brick. cheapest method is a new motherboard.

5. DJchemist

DJchemist Regular member

Or if your lucky... like me :)

u can return ur PSP...and just ack dumb.. if they ask for firmware..stuff..be like..firm..ware? and flinch...it always works.

find a Future shop recipt...they work best:p
    ive gone threw 3 total now.. hehe..im evil i know.. but hey..
    i baught the 3 year warrenty..ima damn well use it to the best i can :)...even if it was for my friends psp, and not mine :p

so yeah... if its new...return it..if not... i feel sorry for ya mate? hehe

im off to bed...stupid school

TGIF!! Crown Royal night :)
    can;t wait

Cheers!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  6. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Actually, the best way that I see it is to fake faking knowledge. Like, walk in and say it died. "I think its something with the master loader" or some other BS that doesnt even exist:)

EDIT- and if they ask about firmware, you could say something like its version A or somethin like it. Make sure though, that they cant mistake you for OE firmware.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  7. xRuKuSx

xRuKuSx Member

8. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Or just pretend you were upgrading to 3.11, when it bricked without any cause. Happens.

9. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

unfortunately that only works if you havent passed up your one year warranty. unless u purchased an extended one. if u are not able to take ur psp back, then once again cheapest/best method is a new mobo.

10. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Two years in Germany.

11. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

two years here also but i had to pay 40 bux for it. it was nice tho i must of gotten atleast 10 new psp's from best buy extended warranty. They dont ask any questions. Mine didn't even have warranty sticker. Sometimes I even broke on purpose to get a new one :D

12. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

Just a question guys...

I know it's dishonest but I'm thinking if definately returning my PSP, I'm just gonna say I broke it and I need a new one because I really want damn homebrew and I've had my PSP for about 4 months and haven't been able to do anything with it, it came with 2.01, which I stupidly upgraded to 3.03 and now I'm stuck because I don't have a copy of GTA:LCS.

So I'm wondering when I take it back, I'll say it won't turn on at all because of a firmware update, will the people at the store actually check to see if it works or inquire anything or will they just give me a replacement. By the way I'm still under the 1 year warranty.

13. yohex

yohex Guest

Ya, they'll check it, they won't know though, if it's really broken, just be like" my psp went out when I was upgrading and ..."

Eh, it works, but is it actually bricked?

14. paul91

paul91 Regular member

it all depends on where you take it back to....some shops check everythings ok and others dont

just do what i did when i bricked my PSP....buy a new PSP from a shop and return the bricked PSP saying it didnt work....get all your money back and you have a brand spanking new PSP (when i did this about 2 months ago i was lucky enough to get a v2.01 replacement!)

15. DJchemist

DJchemist Regular member

Theres always the Good Ol' Hammer :)

16. maDdoggnz

maDdoggnz Regular member

i live in new zealand and i bricked a psp a while back and i sent it away to this place called fixtronics in auckland and when i got it back the motherbord was the same the psp hadent even been openend up at all i checked it and it hadent i read the pice of paper that they sent me when i got it back and it said that they had tested it and updated the firmware to 2.71 So if they didnt open it how did they update the firmware when it was bricked ???? must have updated the firmware thru the usb or somthing cause it was defaintaly not opend up i made sure and i was definalty the same psp ???? so hmmmm its had me scraching my head for ages about it My friend had bricked his psp and we are just waiting to get it back from the same place fixed and on 2.71 i just wish some one could make a program that could unbrick must be possibal cause i have had a once bricked psp back unopend and unbrickd and my friend is getting his back this week its $168 new zealand to get a bricked psp fixed and id much rather donate that money to the psp comunety any ways HOPE HOPE HOPE :) and hex what u think about that dude u seem to be in the know when it comes to the psp buzz ? maby something to have a wee look at maybnot ;)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007