1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just downgraded from 3.03 to 1.5 ...now how do I run somethign so I can play psp games WITHOUT upgra

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Dainton1, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Dainton1

Dainton1 Member

Just downgraded from 3.03 to 1.5 ...now how do I run somethign so I can play psp games WITHOUT upgrading?

I thaught of devhook but I cant get that to work...any help?

2. j0p0

j0p0 Regular member

Why not to upgrade? It's the easiest way..
    ISO's loads from the game menu

3. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Man don't use Devhook thats old stuff just upgrade to 3.03 OE-C, its 1.5,3.03 and a bunch of other stuff.

4. Dainton1

Dainton1 Member

I fi use 3.03 oe-c or whatever will homebrew compatible with 1.50 still work?

5. CoRn3tTo

CoRn3tTo Regular member

yes,,,,just put it in GAME folder like x;/psp/game/homebrew here

but for some homebrew and it depends on homebrew,,,,it sometimes goes to GAME150 like :x/psp/game150/homebrew here

depends on instructions on homebrew youve got

6. dadudesam

dadudesam Member

Upgrading To 3.10OE-A Was the best decision i've ever made. Technically i have bricked my psp 6 times already!
    When you psp gets bricked on OE- Firmwares, all you have to do is hold the R button in when you do a cold boot. Then go down and hit exit. Then you're not bricked anymore! :D

7. Dainton1

Dainton1 Member

sounds good!

any dissadvantages about it?

8. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

No, you have way more to do with it then 1.5.

9. CoRn3tTo

CoRn3tTo Regular member

if your into customization of your backgrounds batt,vol,xmb's and stuff,,,,,,3.10 is not for you 3.03 oe-c is,,for me still the best is 3.03oe-c

10. Dainton1

Dainton1 Member

ok I got 3.03 oe-c
    I hope this will run all my homebrew like u guys sed coz I got doom psp on And im lovin it!

...ok got it but how do I install it and run it? sorry if I sound liek a n00b but yeh

11. CoRn3tTo

CoRn3tTo Regular member

connect usb,,,,,i think there is a readme there,, but homebrewgame usually its a zip file,,extract,,copy the 2 files to the designated folder which either game/game150 then exit,,and play it on memstick on your psp

12. Dainton1

Dainton1 Member

Ok thanks jsut whacked it on charge now!

so this will play 1.50 homebrew?
    let me do all that 3.03 does? (or most)
    let's me play games that requier 2.xx+
    and is safe?

13. CoRn3tTo

CoRn3tTo Regular member

i don't really understand what you are saying,, but ill explain to you,,,,firmware 3.03oe-c is combination of v1.5 and 3.03 features, and u can play games (umd,iso,cso)whatever firmware from 3.03 down to 1.5 games, ive never tried anygame that have firmware 3.03 above and play on my 3.03 but i read that it is possible,,,but im not sure if it is.

so enjoy playing man!!

14. CoRn3tTo

CoRn3tTo Regular member

i don't really understand what you are saying,, but ill explain to you,,,,firmware 3.03oe-c is combination of v1.5 and 3.03 features, and u can play games (umd,iso,cso)whatever firmware from 3.03 down to 1.5 games, ive never tried anygame that have firmware 3.03 above and play on my 3.03 but i read that it is possible,,,but im not sure if it is.

so enjoy playing man!!

15. Dainton1

Dainton1 Member

MY GOD THIS IS AWSOME!

thanks guys!

16. Dainton1

Dainton1 Member

ohno it sez not existing or corrupted dxar file and wont install firmware! whats going on!...do I need any extra files?

I just downloaded 3.03oe-c loaded the files on my psp went to update and that happened...do I need ot download any extra files?

if so what ones?

17. CoRn3tTo

CoRn3tTo Regular member

i tot u are on 3.03 already? what mem stick do you have? becoz i think that "3.03oe-c update" cannot fit on 32mb,,

"How to install 3.03 OE-C on a 1.50 or 3.03 OE PSP"
    Download and decompress 3.03 OE-C

Copy the directories oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% to /PSP/GAME/ if you are using 1.50, or to /PSP/GAME150 if you are using 3.0X OE

Download the 1.50 Upgrade Eboot, name it "150.PBP", and put it in the oeupdmaker folder.(i got mine from psp hacks)

Download the 3.03 Upgrade Eboot, name it "303.PBP", and put it in the oeupdmaker folder.(i got mine from psp hacks)

On your PSP, run the 3.03 OE-C Update Maker program. This program will create a file called DATA.DXAR in the oeupdmaker folder

Copy the directories 303oeflasher and 303oeflasher% to /PSP/GAME if you are using 1.50, or to /PSP/GAME150 if you are using 3.0X OE

Move/cut the generated DATA.DXAR from oeupdmaker to 303oeflasher directory

On your PSP, run the 3.03 OE-C Firmware Install program. Your battery must be 75% full or charging

The program will display an agreement. Press X to accept and flash the custom firmware. Don't shutdown the PSP and don't remove the memory stick until the update is finished.

Once finished, shutdown the psp and restart manually to 3.03 OE-C

(im sorry to the one who made this,i forgot his or their name) (so i don't know who to thank for this tutorial)

note :dainton1 you must read carefully and follow what exaclty is in the instructions and you will not brick your psp,

18. raz13

raz13 Guest

hi there please can you tell me how u downgraded to 1.5 from 3.03 i have everything u need to do it i just dnt no if u have msn messenger plz help me

19. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

It's simple... all you have to do is go here dl.qj.net and download the 3.03 downgrader and follow the readme.

20. Dainton1

Dainton1 Member

it's ok I got it!...

IT'S SO FRIGGIN AWESOME! THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS!