1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just DvdShrink/Menushrink possible??

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by bostongrl, Oct 6, 2005.

1. bostongrl

bostongrl Member

I was wondering if i could just use dvd shrink, and menu shrink to make the menus still without having to upload the dvd to my comp?
    I'm new so if I didn't explain it right i'm sorry. Also I tried to search a guide for this but found that I need dvd decriptor too.
    And I don't want to spend and extra 40 minutes burning to my hdd.
    Any help would be appreciated, or even another idea.
    Thanks..:)

2. calhounm

calhounm Guest

hat eactly are you wanting to do just get the menu. Or just the movie but in either case dvd shrink uploads whatever you select the burns it to a disk for you.

3. bostongrl

bostongrl Member

I've been using dvdshrink to back up my dvds, but ran across a few that the menus are animated(large). So I read about menushrink
    and it sound like a good idea to make them still images, but still working menus. But from what I've read I need to use dvdD to decript to my hd, then load into menushrink, then burn. Basically too much time for me.
    So I thought mabye there was an easier way to shrink the menus w/out additonal software.
    I want good quality movies with menus(not animated or large),with
    least commpression and time possible.

I'm open to try new programs,and have a few on my comp.
    nero recode2
    copy2dvd se
    1clickDvDcopy
    dvdShrink3.2

Also some info
    win2kPro
    sony dru-720

i've worked with vcd and divx movies ,but am new to dvd to dvd.
    thanks in advance...if ya need any more info please let me know.

4. bostongrl

bostongrl Member

i found my answers...thank you your help

5. Jacquers

Jacquers Guest

What were the answers? Is it possible?

6. flynadine

flynadine Member

Hi guys i've been searcing forums for some help.
    I have used dvd shrink to back up my films and used the re-author to back up more thatn one film on a single disk. For example a 3in one film disk.

When I use the re-author to create a disk with three movies, how do I create menus that allow me to click on one of the films I've backed up and take me straight to them rather than having to watch a full fim to get to the next one of having to use the fastforward button for a long time.

7. mpgames

mpgames Member

You all need to give up DVD Shrink if you want a better QUALITY DVD-R 4.7GB
    Here is what I suggest for anyone either ripping DVD9 or wanting to combine a 2 sided DVD.

Step one: Get DVD Decrypter (latest version)
    Step two: Get DVD Rebuilder Pro (latest version)
    Step three: Get CCE SP Full (if possible)
    Step four: Get DvdReMake Pro (latest version)

With these 4 you can achieve your best DVD9 & 2Sided/2&3DVD sets to DVD-R backups!

In a few days I will Complete a FULL Tutorial, on the process of both DVD9-2 sided DVD, and A custom menu for your 2 Sided DVD-R rip.

Cya Soon!

8. tl_mitch

tl_mitch Member

MenuShrink 2.41 is a small app that lets you compress DVD motion menus by turning them into still menus with or without audio. e.g. from 1014MB to 2.80MB. Dvd needs to ripped to hd first.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Mez

Mez Active member

To bostongrl,

You are quite articulate for a newbee. It is difficult for most us to communicate clearly when we are confused and do not really know what we want. We all know when things are not working for us but we do not know what the avaiable solutions are.

I see you did get the info you wanted but did you know you can eliminate the menu all together? Using the reauthor page of shrink will let you only copy the featured film. It is usualy Title1. I keep menues for disks with multiple main features.

Any of you not familiar with this feature might want to look at the guides for shrink. There is more to shrink than meets the eye.