1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just finished installing magic 3 but need help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by holts, Jan 25, 2003.

1. holts

holts Guest

I spent the whole day installing my magic 3 in a v4 ps2. When i put it back together and went to switch it on it worked perfectly only problem is it plays DVD movies and orginal games okay but when i stick a copy game in i get the red screen saying please insert ps2 format disc what have i done wrong i checked the chip and connections and they all looked fine the only one i had trouble with was the "s" connection i connected it to the black little box if you look at a diagram you will understand what i mean. Has anyone had this problem is it the chip? I thought it would not even play orginals if i had done something wrong. PLease help!!!

2. TBX

TBX Member

Did you use the "clip" and L board.?? I had the same prob and tossed'em

3. bluebus

bluebus Regular member

Did you clean the laquer off of the point and are you using flux?

4. holts

holts Guest

No i did not use the clip and L board. I did not use laquer but i did use flux all the connections looked really good. I am going to open it up and put some thicker wire on the 5v and ground to see if that helps does anyone now if i put the "s" connection in the right place.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2003
  5. DickBone

DickBone Member

Maybe you cd tray chip's fried or your flatcable broken

whoops sorry wrong thread.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2003
  6. holts

holts Guest

I did not understand a word of that I am not really that technical please explain!!!!!

7. jimyfixit

jimyfixit Guest

to boot a copied game i just open tray put game in turn power off in back with tray open ,then turn power back on and as trya is closing push reset 2 times
    seems to work good for my unit

8. DickBone

DickBone Member

Resetting 2 times is for a neo 2 chipped ps2. You could also try to insert a game and turn off your console then turn it on and hols reset untill the blue light comes on.

9. dustymugs

dustymugs Member

holts, when you say that you connected the S point to the little black box I'm hoping you mean the black resistor in line with a lite orangy/yellow capacitor. If not, you soldered to the wrong point.

10. holts

holts Guest

Yes it was the black resistor in line with the yellow and orange capacitor

11. N£TM£ÇH

N£TM£ÇH Member

use the clip tester and check all points are making contact... point S needs to be bridged with solder to the next resister

Last edited: Jan 29, 2003
  12. holts

holts Guest

What is a clip tester

13. holts

holts Guest

What is a clip tester

14. Gx-9900

Gx-9900 Member

Its just simply a battery powered tester. You clip an alligator clip to board and then touch what your testing with another wire. If its a circut(meaning electricity flows through the board and into the component your testing.) the lightbult lights up. So you can tell if your clip is connected to all the little bios connecters with this method.