1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just found out my bundled Nero only works with the machine it came with (sob)..

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by sutman, Aug 6, 2003.

1. sutman

sutman Guest

Having successfully (i think..) ripped my first DVD using DVD Shrink, i went to burn the resulting files to disk and...discovered my 'bundled' version of Nero 5.5 will only work with the cd-rw it came bundled with!!
    So now i can't burn the files to my pioneer 105 cos it won't let me. Is there any way of 'unlocking' this feature (it is my legal copy of Nero after all)?
    If not...how reliable is Alcohol 120% at creating DVDs (i got the full version)? Or shall I just put hand back in pocket and get a full version of Nero (or RecordNow?). Which other software will reliably burn the ripped VOB, etc files, seems like only Nero gets a mention here?

Cheers Chaps

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

You may have obtained it legally, but using it with a drive it's not licensed to isn't legal. They do that to get you used to one type of software, hoping you'll buy a new version the next time you upgrade.

I'd try RecordNow; you can download it for free and try it for 30 days before having to put your hand in your pocket. :)

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Agree with ken, try Record Now by veritas, the stomp one i had trouble with. If you need a link, get it from the website in my signature under user guides and record now max 4.50. The 30 day trial is a full trial.

4. sutman

sutman Guest

Thanks lads, but I managed to erm, DL a full version of Nero (well, they ripped me off - in a fashion - so I thought I'd reciprocate ;) )

Anyway, burnt all the files over and produced an excellent DVD.
    One strange thing tho, at the beginning - must have been some of the trailer/extras files i condensed right down using dvd shrink - I had a blank screen but full sound at normal speed, fast forwarding at 2x produced the pictures on the screen, pressed play and again got a blank screen, hhmmm?
    I probably just need to get used to which files are for which part of the film and which can be totally discared after using dvd shrink, I had a lot of files to burn over, many more than ive ever seen on burnt disks produced by others.

Thanks again