1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just get them backed-up to save hassle!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by thegame04, Sep 19, 2004.

1. thegame04

thegame04 Member

www.geocities.com/dmbs_uk/

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

What's the point of your link?

3. john179

john179 Active member

This take the fun out of doing yourself and in my view is the lazy way.Most people on AD are up for the challenge obviously you are not one of them.You may want to have a look at the guides on this site by spending a few minutes reading them you will save yourself a bit of money.

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I might also add that backing them up isn't muc of a hassle.

5. thegame04

thegame04 Member

true, but sometimes you just have to be lazy when your wasting 10 discs to copy one game or movie coz your dvd writer plays up.

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I recently purchased a 100 spindle of Ridata at $.47 each (red cakebox) and I have 11 left and not one coaster. My burner is a Plextor PX-712A. If you're wasting discs then you need to check the brand of your media.

7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

dude what your doing is selling pirated material. How do you know they are owners of the originals? Your little disclaimer won't help you (IMO).

8. flip218

9. john179

john179 Active member

Well said there flip218 and i don't think advertising here would be much benefit to him.We all come to AD as we all want to learn how to things for ourselfs and AD is the place to learn.

10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

john179

So true but there's always someone popping to try and make a fast buck.

11. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Funny because that's what Afterdawn is all about, troubleshooting and resolving problems.

Most people come here to source information in order to overcome problems with hardware/software they have already purchased, I don't think they would then turn to that site to let someone else do it after they have already paid out money for the hardware/software.

Just have a look at the recent arrests in Germany.......authorities are just waiting for more sites to display that kind of service and you know they'll be monitoring.

Everything done over the internet and all you need is a valid Paypal account.......to easy for those undercover people to have a go at...................

Just pointing out the simplicity of an idea, (especially in the dvd backup field), means it is also simple for pirates to use your site like a 'laundering service', you charge them for a backup, they copy it 100 times and make a huge profit, one of those dvd's gets into the hands of the authorities - and the buck stops with you my friend........................

12. thegame04

thegame04 Member

Have you guys never backed-up rented movies or games? have you broken the law in any way?

I understand the so called services are exploiting themselves and are just asking to be bombed on. But almost every individual with hardware is breaking the law in some way or another, i mean, i copied the lion king dvd which i own, but for my cousin, and that is breaking the law as he doesnt even own it.

In other forums theyre talking about how to copy rented stuff etc. Is that allowed in here or not?

anyway, anybody used dvdx copy xpress here? im getting "error writing disc"

13. flip218

We never said you couldn't talk about it ... with the new rules we can.

But to each his own ... it's your life :)

Use afterdawn's XCopy forum ... and be more specific when you post there :)
    http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com

14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

thegame04

The question you might want to ask is if anyone has ever financially profited from it. We all know there are laws regarding backing up DVDs that we break such as CSS decryption but to make copies and then sell them is too far over the line.

15. john179

john179 Active member

thegame04 your missing the point here mate.A couple of months ago i would not discuss rental films which i will now since the rules have changed.Copy right laws are now becoming so silly my belief has changed on those views as well.What were saying here people come to learn regardless of what they intend to do when they have learnt.So your link is not a real help here mate.People here come to learn and give free advise and not to gain profit.What your link gives is no knowledge in it what so ever so its useless to all at AD that want to master the art off backing up dvd's.Now you ask a question about dvd x copy.Go to the correct forum and you can also learn.But if this is your own link then you have let the cat out of the bag sort of speak.Anyone who is going to take up this sort of thing should make sure they have all the knowledge first.

John179