1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just got a burner, now what?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by BW48439, Sep 2, 2004.

1. BW48439

BW48439 Member

hey everyone. i am completely new with the world of dvd burning. I have two questions. First, how important is the quality of your dvd burner because i just got a $40 micro advantage 4x burner and I was wondering if it makes a difference. If it does, could you guys recommend a better burner? Second, where can I go for a good introduction to dvd burning? Thanks a lot guys/

2. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

- DVD Burner , I like Sony/Pionner/Plexto because those have very good/strong lazer beam (my next burner will be Pioneer 108).

- DVD blank, I like RITEK or ProDisc (and make sure your DVD burnner takes DVD format that you bought -/+R).

- go to software section of this site then down load DVD-Shrink and DVD-decripter, that's all you need.

- To burn , run DVD-Shrink to save DVD image to HD, then use DVD-Decripter to burn/copy image from HD to DVD blank.

It's easy.

3. Newfee

Newfee Regular member

4. michigan

michigan Guest

For sure you need the latest version of "ScubaPete the guide" Downloaad Shrink and Decrypter form the software section of this site. Come on over to the DVD Shrink forum have a look around, read a little, and if you need any help give us a jingle.