1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just got a modchip..how do i install

Discussion in 'PS2' started by tha5150, Apr 30, 2005.

1. tha5150

tha5150 Member

he, first off, i just registered to this forum. this is by far the best i have ever seen for this type in thing.

i just got the Magic 3.1 Plus ModChip. it arrived in the mail, but without instructions on where to solder. i dont have a silder gun, so i need to know where to take it, also, where to solder it in at. would someone please send me a diagram or drawing or somthing.

thanks for everything folks!!!

2. munx

munx Regular member

3. tha5150

tha5150 Member

thanks for the info. i have not soldered before, but i am sure i can figure it out. but i am not going to take a change on my ps2. i would try it out on an old speaker or somthing. but i saw somewhere in this forum where people do it and posted their info. i replyed to a few and emailed someone. but i dont know howelse i am going to get this chip in there.

a few questions about the setup i have. version3 ps2. magic3.1 modchip.

am i going to be able to play dvd-r and cd-r dvd-rw????? i have like 100 movies in asf,mpg,divx and avi format. i have burned a few ps2 games to my hard drive and burned them on dvd-r and 2 on dvd-rw...

will all these work once i get this chip installed????

4. juggler73

juggler73 Member

before you install your modchip please under stand that the pictures of the motherboard been inlarged and the point you have to solder are pin prick small so you will need a good 12-15w soldering iron with a needle point bit the finest solder and a good magnifying glass
    and dont practise on a speaker find a old sound card and find on it the smallest soldered point and practise on that
    please take your time it is not for the faint hearted one wrong move and your ps2 could find itself in the bin

juggler

5. tha5150

tha5150 Member

thanks for the ingo juggler. i do not intend on doing this myself. if it was a 30 dollar item that i have had for years, sure i would give it a shot. i love challenges. but i am not going to do this on a ps2.

still looking for someone to install this in the buffalo, ny area.